Introduce yourself!

An area for general discussion
LDRcycles
Australia

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by LDRcycles » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:50 pm

I'm a 6th generation farmer in Australia, I grew up dairy farming but deregulation of the industry put an end to that (zero dairy farms left in our area from a peak of 85). I'm on 55 very overgrown acres at the moment and just bought a slightly scruffy old Leyland 255 as it was all I could afford. Hopefully a bit of TLC and she'll get things cleaned up.

Until I bought mine I had no idea Leyland even made tractors! Locally it's all Kubota, John Deere, Massey Ferguson and a few other Japanese brands.

agroman
Great Britain

Post by agroman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:09 pm

Hi all
New visitor to this forum. A friend has acquired a Leyland 262 Syncro (w reg). Sadly, said friend missed the fact that the oil filter was loose and lost all its oil and seized. He got a local mechanic to swap the engine out for a second hand one and its up and running again. I am borrowing it to help out my Fordson Dexta with dung carting / spreading, (loader on my Dexta).
The 262 is need of some TLC and I am happy to do the jobs in return for its use. 1st job was to free off a seized pick up hitch. Took bottom end of release cable off and plenty of Duck Oil in each end of the cable and got it moving - all nice now!

Next job found was a leaking clutch slave cylinder, new cylinder ordered so hopefully get around to this soon.

Brakes are working very one sided so this is another one for the list.

I have another question about oil pressure, but I will post this separately.

All the best from 'Agroman'
W reg Leyland 262 Syncro down in Kernow land

2011dandd
Great Britain

Post by 2011dandd » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:29 am

Hi
I’m Dan. I am brand new to the forum. Just bought a Leyland 154. I know absolutely nothing about it other than it was very cheap. But perhaps for good reason. Wish me luck
Hope to use the forum to seek advice from those with much more knowledge and in time help where I can.
Cheers

Freggel
Belgium

Post by Freggel » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:57 am

Hi, I'm new here. My name is Frederik, I'm 33 years old, married and have a 4 month old daughter. I work as a maintenance technician in food production.

I got the tractor virus from my dad who is a great agriculture enthousiast. My fathers nephew is a straw trader and in straw season he can use an extra driver so my father always helps him a few weeks in summer to get the straw off the fields and on the trucks. As a kid I often went with my dad and I learned to drive the John Deere tractors. We often visited agriculture fairs and went to tractorpulling.

I'm a member of a carnival group (don't know what "carnavalsvereniging" would actually be called in English) every year, after all the festivities we do a few oldtimer tours with the members of the group (and until now I drove a tractor from one of our sponsors) and I enjoy it very much, so I wanted my own tractor.
But I'm not someone who does what all the rest does and looking at what's driving around at the oldtimer tours there are already enough Deutz, Fordson and Ferguson around. So I was looking for something else. Until I found this nice looking 4DM (Universal Four) sale. Looked and drove well, and no one around here owns one. So I bought it! The rest of it can be followed in my maintenance blog

Universal4
Sweden

Post by Universal4 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:01 pm

Hi! I'm Morgan live in North Sweden.
I have a nuffield universal 4dm from 1961.
It's has a halftrack equipment.