1962 Nuffield

A place for general Nuffield questions and chat
michaeliansmart
Great Britain

1962 Nuffield

Post by michaeliansmart » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:36 am

Hi All,

Looking for some help! My dad was working on restoring a 1962 Nuffield but sadly passed away before he could complete it. I had hoped to finish the build but just don't have the time. The tractor was completely stripped down and the majority of parts blasted and painted. The engine has been running since it was re-built. I'm going to try and sell it as it is but have no idea what it would be worth, could anyone give a suggestion? I don't want to get ripped off as the money will go to my mum.

Some photos of the tractor in its current state can be found on the below link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jH9FW24YCrE4fMt67

JohnM
Great Britain

Re: 1962 Nuffield

Post by JohnM » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:29 pm

Have you looked on Ebay to see what people are asking? I had a quick search and there is a tractor with a "stuck clutch" asking price of £1600, a reasonable looking one for £3000, and a 460 and a 10/60 on the same small holding which the owner wants to sell as a pair for £5000.
Was your dad intending to use or sell the tractor once finished? I am sure others on here will be able to give you more idea than me, I think there is probably debate about the virtue of restoring something if you have to take into account the time spent doing the work rather than doing it for a hobby/enjoyment and satisfaction from completing the job.
I have an old DB 1210 and asked a parts supplier whether he thought it worth restoring, his answer was a disappointing "no it wont be worth much more when you have finished"

michaeliansmart
Great Britain

Re: 1962 Nuffield

Post by michaeliansmart » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:30 pm

Thanks John. My dad was doing it as a hobby/for enjoyment and probably would have kept it until he needed the space to do another one! He also has a MF completed in another shed!