A place for general Leyland tractor questions and chat
paul2u
Great Britain

Post by paul2u » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:03 pm

my 384 had a half shaft seal gone so i decided to replace it , took off the tombstone and set it aside and got on with the job renewing the seal, that all done and everything put back together i now find that i have only got 25% on my hydraulic lift arms and the front bucket struggles to go up , i thought i may be somehow missed the drive shaft so took the tombstone off again and made sure it was connected i have full PTO working perfectly and i can hear the pump and engine labor when i try to lift the bucket but little power it seems to me i am not getting full flow of oil somehow any ideas lads cheers paul

Nowtnew
Great Britain

Re: 384

Post by Nowtnew » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:24 pm

As it's a relatively simple thing to do, I would suggest you check that the control linkage has been connected and adjusted correctly as a starting point.

Regards

diggerdeano
Great Britain

Post by diggerdeano » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:19 pm

hi ok when you had the linkages off did any move.. the lift can move and slip off the cam for the draught sensing it will go back together but in the wrong position its a three pronged fork it runs against a cam and against the draught sensing ramp and it engages with the spool valve . you can just take the top off (crosshaft) and sort it you don't need it all off again.

paul2u
Great Britain

Post by paul2u » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:46 am

Nowtnew wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:24 pm
As it's a relatively simple thing to do, I would suggest you check that the control linkage has been connected and adjusted correctly as a starting point.

Regards
thankyou i did this and altho i am unsure what happened it is now working fine, a gave one link a full turn on the thread to take up what looked like slack and tested it to find i now have full power, in fact, i would say the front loader goes up more quickly now than it ever did , it dont need much to upset them if your not looking :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nowtnew
Great Britain

Post by Nowtnew » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:37 pm

I'm glad you are up and running. Are you aware of JVP'S textbook adjustment procedure as given on the club website:

https://www.thenuffieldandleylandtracto ... tments.PDF

Regards